Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My First Ever Open Letter To My Sisters Triple S

I've been a fan since August 2009. At that time, I was a novice. I didn't know anything much about Kpop. The rules, the fandom, the tradition, I didn't know anything about those yet. All I care about is Kim Hyun Joong and eventually SS501. Since then, I proclaimed myself as a 'Fangirl'. As a novice, I believed everything I saw and read. Ignorance ran through me that even gossips I believed. As time goes by, I began to learn. I began to learn what's right and wrong. I learned how to defend what and who's on the right side. But that's just me. I tend to fight but in a good and equal way. And so my story as a fan continues. Here I am, blogging, translating, updating, stalking etc.

Whenever I met new fans, I'm always eager to feed their young minds about our boys. I'm always willing to give what they need for them to know more about SS501. I would do anything for SS501. SS501 is now my family. Ever since I became a fan, I never left. They cry, I cry. They laugh, I laugh. Protecting them is what I feel I need to do in my stage as a fan. I am not one of the pioneers but there's this feeling that always in me and that is to protect them.

SS501 may not be the best but for me they are. The best not because of their skills or looks or charisma, for me they are the best because they are now a part of me. I feel like they are part now of myself and my family and the definition of a family for me is 'Nobody should be left behind'. SS501 now is my pride and it only means, if they are hurt then my pride hurts as well.

Now, this so-called news site about Kpop had inflicted violent and harmful posts/articles about SS501. Yeah, I know these are old articles already but you know what concerns me? Is that this site up to this very moment is letting that article destroy inch by inch of what had left to SS501 as a group. Yes I know and we know in ourselves the truth about SS501, but what about the new fans and the potential ones? Aren't you guys worried what will those new fans think if they read those articles? For example this article about Leader.


This article simply showed how the writer hates Kim Hyun Joong. I'm actually thankful because the writer was concern about the other 4 members, but what about Leader? Okay fine, you hate him, you're disgusted about his 'cracking voice' etc etc.,but where's the writer's ethics when he/she wrote this? What is Allkpop by the way? A blog or a News site? Maybe a blog, 'coz every writer are allowed to write whatever they feel. Alright then I got you now, this was an old article past is past blah blah and maybe Allkpop kicked out the writer already or whatever disciplinary actions the admins did but the big question is 'WHY IS IT STILL POSTED IN THE SITE?' Why is it still readable up to this very moment? Why? Why Allkpop, why?
Worst is, that is not the only article still exposed to the world wide web.
I know Allkpop is now one of the biggest news site about Kpop but that made my concerns even bigger. Allkpop now has a larger influence and readers might believe everything they post and the least I can do as a fan is to protect SS501 be it individual or as a group.

These articles, even though they are old the fans can still read those whenever they want to and still open to the public. I know Allkpop can erase posts/article if they want to. What about those articles with wrong information? Didn't they erased it right away they realized they're wrong? So why the hell those articles about Kim Hyun Joong is a Robot, SS501 Is Just A Pretty Face With No Substace and so on still posted? Why Allkpop? Why?

I don't have any power to shut Allkpop down. That'll be my deepest wish as of the moment but what I want is for Allkpop to erase those articles. What? There are so many articles now posted in Allkpop that they can't monitor what article has been offending and inflicted with harmful words? Alright to my readers, in case you have any connections to Allkpop, could you please give these links to them so they can be warned what to erase from their ever reliable site?

1. The Robot Cuts His Hair written by Jeen http://www.allkpop.com/2009/02/the_robot_cuts_his_hair
2. Triple S Is Mad at Hyun Joong written by Jeen http://www.allkpop.com/2009/03/triple_s_is_mad_at_kim_hyun_joong
3. SS501 Appointed as Ambassadors For Korea Airports Co., written by TheProdigy http://www.allkpop.com/2009/07/ss501_appointed_as_Ambassadors_for_korea_airports_co

If you found any harmful articles of Allkpop or other sites about any other artists, don't hesitate to do something about it. We are a fan, and I believe one of our duties is to protect our Idol. 

To those news sites, we are their customers, they serve us and so we are always right. Customers are always correct, right? So why just keep quiet?


Why Am I writing this? 'Coz I'm sick and tired to be a part of the most peaceful fandom in kpop industry that always hiding in the shade whenever our idols are being bashed. Hey, we are not mute. We have voices, we have strength, we have enough resources to fight and protect. I'm not saying you do nasty things, SS501 didn't taught us to be like that. I'm just saying, keeping quiet since from the beginning is too much already. Aren't you guys tired of being the underdog? Our family is big, what is there to be afraid about? I know deep inside you want to do something about it but just don't know how. Now I'm handing you the first step. Share this to all the sites you can until it reached to Allkpop, I know I'm not alone here so do whatever you can, we have resources, we just don't know how to use it. Now I'm here sacrificing my name, but I don't care. This is too much and has to stop. We are not the underdogs anymore. We can fight coz we are Triple S, the most peaceful and CLEVER fandom in Kpop Industry. 


Thank You for reading my letter and now you're free to hate me.

[EDIT] 
Jan. 28, 2012
Allkpop already erased those articles with the help of our fellow Triple S! Thank you so much to those who helped. This couldn't be a success without you! ^^, 


Thank You @Tenessis_ET on twitter for writing a letter to allkpop requesting for those articles to be erased. ^^


This somehow send Allkpop the message that Triple S and SS501 are untouchable if we are united.
See! If we are together in this nothing's possible! Nothing to be afraid about! Good job TS! ^^


Now I can say that we are the most peaceful and CLEVER fandom! Don't let other people step on us in the future! Never again! ^^


Since Allkpop already erased those articles, Don't worry I got your back. ^^ 
Here are the screencaps I took regarding those harmful and nerve-wracking articles.



1 comment:

Mitch Kim [Joongiebelz] said...

Whoa...this is a big surprise for me..thank you for sharing...sucks to whoever the writer w/ that article in AllKpop!